Spread the love
Located in the Prospect Lefferts Gardens section of Brooklyn, luxury condo developers, HELLOLiving, will soon begin construction on a new 15-story, 53,000 square foot, residential facility. The development will consist (57) 2-bedroom units, (2) 3-bedroom duplex units and an open parking garage. EP Engineering designed the MEP systems for this high-rise building, including the high efficiency central air conditioning systems, new electrical service, emergency fuel oil generator, fire/standpipe service and fire alarm system.
Location: 271 Lenox Road, Brooklyn, NY 11226
Phase: In Planning
- Mechanically ventilating apartments due to tight construction that utilizes high performance doors, windows and insulation.
- Design separate air conditioning systems for each apartment, while reducing the construction costs.
- Minimizing the spatial requirements of the cellar utility rooms to limit the square footage being excavated.
- Central Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV) systems were utilized to ventilate the apartments. These systems transfer energy from the toilet exhaust to temper the air entering the building, thus saving energy.
- Working in conjunction with an acoustical consultant to comply with noise codes, condensing units were strategically located outside of each apartment, on the large common balconies. This greatly reduced the amount of expensive copper refrigerant piping required, had the units been installed on the roof.
- The size of the electrical and sprinkler rooms was kept to a minimum by sharing required clearance areas in these narrow rooms.